Expedia Cruises “Dream Come True Vacation” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Information on how to enter, the prize, and rules for redeeming the prize, form part of the terms and conditions of entry for the Sweepstakes. Participation in the Sweepstakes is deemed to be acceptance of “Official Rules” (“Official Rules”) and any other notices referenced herein.
In these Official Rules, the term “you” refers to any person who enters, or who wishes to enter, the Sweepstakes.
1. Eligibility: The Expedia Cruises “Dream Come True Vacation” Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the United States (including Puerto Rico) and Canada (including Quebec) who are at least twenty-one (21) years old or older at the time of entry and who otherwise meet the requirements set out in these Official Rules. Officers, directors, and employees (and members of their household or immediate family, i.e., parents, children, spouse, siblings, grandparents, the “steps” of each and persons residing in such immediate family members' household) of Expedia Cruises (“Sponsor”), The Walt Disney Company (Canada) Ltd. (“Disney”), their respective parent, related, affiliated and subsidiary companies, their advertising, promotion and web design agencies, all other entities involved in the creation, administration, or fulfillment of the Sweepstakes and their respective successors and assigns are not eligible to enter or win.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by CruiseShipCenters International, Inc. d/b/a Expedia Cruises, #900 – 1066 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6E 3X1.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering, you indicate your full and unconditional agreement to (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes begins at 9:00 am PST on Wednesday, February 1, 2023 and ends at 11:59 pm PST on Friday, March 31, 2023 (the “Entry Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: To enter the Sweepstakes, you must, at any time during the Entry Period, go to the Sweepstakes Entry Page at www.expediacruises.com and complete the entry form. Enter your first and last name, address, telephone number and email address and confirm acceptance of the Official Rules.
You may also enter in person at any one of the Expedia Cruises stores. Complete the entry form and deposit it into the in-store collection box.
Except as provided below, there is a limit of one (1) entry per person. Entries will not be acknowledged. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. If you attempt to obtain more than one (1) entry by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, Sponsor may exclude you from participating in the Sweepstakes. Any Sweepstakes entrant can earn additional entries in his/her own name by referring others through the online referral form located on the Sweepstakes Entry Page. For each unique valid referral provided to the Sweepstakes Entry Page, one (1) additional entry will be automatically recorded. There is a limit of 10 valid referrals of friends and family that you may make to earn additional entries. Participation is subject to Sponsor’s Terms of Service. When you enter, you are providing information to Sponsor. No purchase necessary.
6. Drawing: On or about April 10, 2023, in Vancouver, BC, at Sponsor’s office, #900 – 1066 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6E 3X1, Sponsor or its agent will select one (1) potential Sweepstakes winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Entry Period. The odds of being selected depend on the number of entries received.7
7. Winner Confirmation: If the potential Prize winner is a Canadian resident, he or she will be required to: (a) correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question without mechanical or other aid (which may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be administered online, by email or other electronic means, by telephone, or in the Sponsor’s form of declaration and release); and (b) execute and return to Sponsor a declaration of eligibility, a liability release (which releases Sponsor, Disney, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all liability in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or the awarding and use/misuse of the Prize or any portion thereof) and a publicity release within ten (10) days of date of issuance. Section (b) above applies to all winners, not only Canadian residents. If a potential Prize winner: (a) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; (b) fails to return the properly executed Sweepstakes documents within the specified time; (c) cannot accept (or is unwilling to accept) the Prize (as awarded) for any reason; and/or (d) is determined to be in violation of these Official Rules (all as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion); then he/she may, in the sole and absolute discretion of the Sponsor, be disqualified (and, if disqualified, will forfeit all rights to the Prize) and the Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion and time permitting, to randomly select an alternate eligible entrant from among the remaining eligible Entries submitted and received during the applicable Entry Period (in which case the foregoing provisions of this section shall apply to such newly selected potential Prize winner).
8. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Sponsor will send an email message to the potential winner’s email address stated on the entry submission with instructions on how to claim the prize. The potential winner will be required to execute and return to Sponsor a declaration of eligibility, a liability release and, where lawful, a publicity release within ten (10) days of date of issuance. If documents are not returned within the specified time period, prize notification is returned as undeliverable, Sponsor is unable to contact a potential winner, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate potential winner may be selected by random drawing on April 24, 2023 from among all remaining eligible entries received. Such newly selected potential winner will be notified by email within three (3) business days of the drawing, using the contact details provided by that person when entering the Sweepstakes. Only three (3) alternate entrants will be contacted for the prize. Except where prohibited, potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
9. Prize: One (1) winner will receive one (1) 4-night Bahamian Disney Cruise Line vacation aboard the Disney Wish cruise ship leaving from Port Canaveral, Florida, and one (1) 3-night stay at the Walt Disney World Resort prior to the cruise (“Vacation Package”).
The Vacation Package includes the following components:
Walt Disney World Resort stay includes:
Disney Cruise Line vacation aboard the Disney Wish cruise ship includes:
Please note: Items not included as part of the Vacation Package which are the responsibility of the winner include, without limitation: any necessary travel documentation required including a valid passport; meals and drinks that are not already included; gratuities that are not already included; airline luggage fees; carrier-imposed fees; shore excursions; travel and medical insurance; nursery charges; laundry service; spa treatments; alcoholic beverages; local and long distance telephone calls; ship to shore communications including internet; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; income and other taxes; transportation between winner’s home and gateway airport; parking fees; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein. (NOTE: winner may be required to present a valid major credit card in winner’s name at the time of hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses)
The estimated retail value of the Vacation Package is USD$14,064.40 which includes Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses (as defined on the Disney Cruise Line website). Actual final retail value of Vacation Package may be higher or lower based on point of departure and fluctuations of rates and airfares. If the actual value of the Vacation Package is less than stated estimated retail value, the difference will not be awarded. Vacation Package elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Winner and all guests must travel together on specified itinerary. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change based on availability and providers approval. Any portion of a prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited.
10. Prize Conditions:
11. General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the operation of the Sweepstakes, violates these Official Rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Proof of sending any communication to Sponsor by mail shall not be deemed proof of receipt of that communication by Sponsor. In the event of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Sweepstakes is subject to federal, state, and local laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
12. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Disney, their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone, or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize. You further agree that in any cause of action, the Released Parties’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney’s fees. You waive the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
13.Collection and Use of Your Personal Information: Sponsor may collect and process your personal information directly or through our agents or contractors. We will use your personal information as necessary in order to conduct and manage the Sweepstakes, and, where we have a lawful basis to do so, to send marketing communications to you. We may disclose your personal information to Disney to fulfill the Vacation Package, as well as to our related companies, agents, and contractors to assist in conducting and managing this offer, communicating with you, or storing data. Please see our Privacy Statement for more information about how we process your personal information and how you can exercise your rights as follows:
US residents: https://www.expedia.com/lp/lg-privacypolicy
CA residents: https://www.expedia.ca/lp/lg-privacypolicy
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited by law, you agree that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with the conduct of the Sweepstakes or the awarding of the prize shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in British Columbia, Canada. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of British Columbia, Canada, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of British Columbia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than British Columbia.
For residents of Québec, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of this publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of the prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
15. Results: To request a winners list, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Expedia Cruises, #900 – 1066 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, B.C., Canada V6E 3X1. Requests must be received within fo
At Expedia Cruises, we are navigators of spectacular vacation experiences. As part of the number one brand in travel, this is our promise to you: